Soooo I know its been a while but I was lying in bed tonight thinking and pinning and planning and thought I might share with you what I am working on.
At the end of this year 21st of December to be precise my amazing husband and I will have been married for 10 years. Which half of me thinks "OMG I'm old now" and the other half of me thinks "When did that happen" but to celebrate this momentous occasion and lets face it, its huge in this day and age for a couple to get married and last 10 years especially if like us one of us (me) was 18 years of age at the time, we are having a party to celebrate and are renewing our vow to one another as a couple who have grown and changed in the past 10 years but are still committed to one other.
So I am kind of extremely excited about it and have been tossing ideas around seriously for about a month and have managed to decided on a few things so far:
* The date is easy, the closest Saturday to our anniversary which happens to be the day after.
* I have chosen the colours, Sapphire (for the traditional gemstone) and silver (that's as close to Tin as I am going)
* We decided on a cocktail function because we want people to get up and dance and have a great time plus its a little easier on the budget
* And we have decided to have it in our backyard, it big and we have the most amazing view which is made even better by the wondrous sunsets we get
Now I just have to decide:
* Whether or not to get it catered or do it myself. I'm really really fussy when it comes to food. It is actually less stressful for me to make food myself but others close to me are worried I will get too run down and not enjoy the night if I do this. And if I do it myself what food I should make
* Whether or not to have a bartender or self-service
* Get a DJ or do it ourselves.
I seem to have a real issue with getting other people in to do things I know I can do well. It's nothing to do with cost or quality. Cost is only a small issue when it comes to this function, we want it to be a great event that everyone enjoys, including us and I would only use people that come highly recommended but for some reason I still struggle with the idea of letting other people have control over something that means so much to me.
I know its just a party but to me it's something special, its a chance for a to bring together the people in our lives that mean something to us, that have a special place in our hearts, that we are grateful for and celebrate all that they have given us in the past 10 years as well as celebrating each other and renewing the vows we made to each other on our wedding day