Monday, September 5, 2011

Mail a little love

Michael loves writing letters and drawing pictures for us and is always asking to put them in our mail box. He has recently started asking to go out by himself and snuck out last week to ‘post’ a letter for me. I freaked out a little, although our street is no where near as busy as our old old, I am not comfortable with them out the front by themselves even if its just to put something in the mailbox so last week we decided to make a mail box for him that stays inside the house. The he got very very sick! Involving a trip to the ER and a few days off school and in bed (torture for him) as we tried to get his temperature down and him well again

This meant that very little creating was done in our house so when I dropped Michael off at Kindy today knowing I only a had few hours to get anything done (he has half days on Tuesday) I decided that today was the day to make a mailbox

I used one of the boxes I had left over from Zac's birthday party

IMG_3950

Put it together and then cut out a mail slot

IMG_3951

and a flap at the back to get the mail out

IMG_3952

with a little spot for little hands to open it

IMG_3954

Covered it in red wrapping paper

IMG_3957

and put it in its new home

IMG_3959

Then went to go get Michael from school.

He saw it as soon as he came in and went right to work writing a letter

IMG_3960

and mailing a little love for me

IMG_3961

Love my little man he has the sweetest little heart

No comments:

Post a Comment